1940's Tuna Salad (Recipe)
- 1 can (9 1/2 oz. or 6 oz.( ~270g to ~170g)) tuna
- 1/4 apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (low fat can work.)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 chopped green onion or 1/2 tsp dried chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped (or two hard boiled egg whites and a bit of oil olive oil to make up the difference)
- Ground black pepper to taste
1. Drain and squeeze tuna dry, discarding liquid or reserving for some other use.
2. Mix all ingredients.
3. Refrigerate 1 hour or more.
4. Sprinkle with paprika and trim with lettuce, if desired.