Agnolotti Pasta Soup (Agnolotti in Brodo) (Recipe)
- 250 grams (8-9 ounces) of agnolotti or other small ravioli-type pasta
- 1/2 litre (2 cups) of chicken broth (canned or homemade) or 1/2 litre of water and 2 good-quality chicken stock cubes
- 1/2 cup of single (light) cream
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper (as much as can be held between finger and thumb)
- A handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- A dash (you decide how big or small!) of sweet sherry
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano) for garnish
1. Bring the chicken broth to a rolling boil. If using water and chicken stock cubes, bring the water to a boil, add the stock cubes and let dissolve.
2. Add the agnolotti and cook according to the instructions on the package.
3. Add the cream, freshly-ground black pepper, and chopped parsley about 2 minutes before the end of the cooking, and turn down the heat.
4. Add the dash of sherry just before serving. If serving to children, dish out their portions first, then add the sherry for the grown-ups.