Alfredo Sauce (Recipe)
- 8 oz. or 2 sticks of butter, unsalted and softened to room temperature
- 1/2 pound Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (aged 24 months), grated
- 1 pound Fettuccine egg noodles
1. Whisk together the butter and grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese until it is creamy. Both ingredients combined should be on the thick side.
2. Put water to boil in a large pot and prepare the noodles until al dente
3. Drain the noodles and reserve 1/2 cup of liquid to emulsify your sauce
4. Put noodles back in the warm pot and stir in the butter and cheese mixture with vigorous turning motion while adding Pasta water until the noodles are glistening and smooth.
5. Add salt to taste