American Potato Salad (Recipe)
- 3 pounds small white potatoes (use waxy or red potatoes)
- Salt and ground pepper
- 5 large hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp chopped sweet basil leaves
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pasta seasoning
1. Place potatoes and 2 tablespoons of salt in a large pot of water. Bring the water to a boil, cook for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife. Drain the potatoes in a colander.
2. Meanwhile, boil the eggs in water for about 10 minutes until hard-boiled. Drain water and let cold water run over the eggs before peeling the shell. Once shells are peeled, dice the eggs and place in a large bowl.
3. Sauté some diced onions until light golden brown and add to the bowl with eggs.
4. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in quarters, or smaller, depending on their size. Place the potatoes in the bowl with the eggs. Add the corn along with some salt, pepper and pasta seasoning to the potato and egg mixture. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl add the lemon juice while whisking in olive oil slowly. Add to the potatoes, mix all ingredients. Chill for 30 minutes before eating.