- 2 young chicken weighing 1.2 kg
- 500 g of oats
- 4 red onions
- 15 cloves of garlic
- 15 cardamom seeds
- 10 cloves
- 50 mm of cinnamon sticks
- 100 mm of ginger
- 340 g lb of ghee
- 2 tablespoons of white pepper
- Salt to taste
1. Clean the chicken, cut into fourths.
2. Place the chicken in a stock pot.
3. Blend the ginger and garlic, cut red onion into 4 and put the blended ingredients and onion into the stock pot.
4. Add 12 glasses of water, salt, cardamon seeds, cinnamon sticks and cloves.
5. Bring the chicken to boil.
6. Take out the chicken, debone it and blend it into puree.
7. Sieve the chicken stock, bring it to boil again, add in the chicken puree, oats, white pepper and salt to taste.
8. Stir nonstop until it thickens, add in half of the ghee and stir until the mixture is smooth.
9. Pour the mixture into a square mold to shape it with a depression in the middle.
10. The rest of the ghee is used to fry onions which is the poured into the depression.
11. The fried onions is sprinkled on top to garnish.